Friday, December 21, 2007

What I Want With My Daughter

I would never tell anyone this but you guys. lol IF anyone reads my blog.
But in our life together i want to experience so much with Kira. She has to grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. She will never know how much she will help ME grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. It's so funny how me pouring myself into helping her, will be in turn helping me. I am forever grateful to her for that. "THANK YOU BABY GIRL! MOMMY LOVES YOU!"
A healthy well rounded lifestyle is what i want for her. I read in a book that mothers who ate a lot of junk food ( cookies, cakes, pies, McD's ect...) that their babies were more inclined to eat junk and only WANT junk , therefore leading to obese children. Ewww! That is so unhealthy. I dont mind big people, because there are genetic inclinations towards bigness, or slower metabolisms that some people have. And i some have a weakness towards sweets ( i know i do). However, you dint have to be big and UNHEALTHY. I want to eat healthier. Honestly I have been eating too much junk while pregnant with the baby. This week, i promise myself to eat more veggies and fruits, so that when she is born we can lean toward a vegetarian lifestyle. It will be hard for me, but i know i can do it. For both of our sakes. If she does choose to eat meat, i dont want that to be all she eats. I want her to at least like eating her veggies. Personally, i love veggies. And yes i want her to love veggies to . Why? Because they are more healthy for you as a growing child and a adult to eat a surplus of veggies as opposed to a surplus of sweets and meat. There are so many benefits to cutting down on meat and sweet intake. The way you look and feel are the biggest. On top of that, your Dr's records will show you as a healthier person.

I want to be more spiritual. i want to KNOW beyond doubt what i believe in. I want her to know and be able to explain what she believes in and not grow up questioning rather or not she believes in god, (if she does, THEN BELIEVE IT and KNOW WHY, if she doesn't, THEN BELIEVE IT and KNOW WHY with CONVICTION), how she got here, who the first humans were and their race, what happens to us after death and that there is no need to be afraid of death or god. I want to practice clearing the mind and body through yoga and body detoxing. ( i can hear me now, on the way to get our colon cleansed. "Don't be afraid of cleansing baby girl. It doesnt hurt too bad. Gotta get all that old boo boo out, it's not good for your body")

I want us to both have natural hair. No perms. There is no need to permanently change the texture of your hair. It is ok to be YOU. Yes i have tattoos and have permanently changed my body in that aspect but, they are ME. They represent different times in my life. There is no need to change your hair to fit in. On top of that, perms are unhealthy. They effect your brain and other aspects of your health. I want her to stay natural because this is the hairstyle is most feared and damned in our community. This perception need to change, we need to stop fearing our hair. We need to learn about our natural hair and love it. No other race has the perception about the way their hair naturally grows out of their head the way black people do. Nor do they change it's natural pattern or the way it grows out of thier heads, as a whole, the way black people do. This needs to stop.

I want to teach her sign language. I really need to go back to school for it. But this would be a really cute secret language to share just between mommy and daughter.

I want the both of us to be in self defense classes. I believe it is our right as humans and women especially to know how to fight and do it well. To train our natural defenses to be the best that they can be. Natural defenses through the gift of gab FIRST. And if the person still isnt trying to hear it then the proper beat down will just have to do. lol. If she is attached there is no time for civilized gift of gab, it is time to spring into action and defend ones self.

I want us to both share a love for reading and education. Be persistent in your school work. I love to read already, but i want her to see me doing it more. for my benefit and hers. The world is somehow run by a bunch of idiots. Non-educated dumb asses. You know i'm right. The world belongs to the idiot. I want her to choose to read a book to develope her speaking ability and mental skills. as opposed to sitting in front of the television while her mind goes into retarded mode and not being stimulated by anything. I read in a book that children should not eve watch television for the first two years of thier life to develop proper motor skills and mental development so critical in these first few years of her life. I want her value her education,knowing that you cant do NOTHING with a high school diploma. Knowing that the more education you get , and the more you know as a women the more respect you get. hell, the more money you get ("baby girl, you dont want to be 30 and still struggling")

I want us to travel together. Go places and do things. New and exciting things. Camping, hiking, boat ride and the such. I want us to go to South Africa, Europe, Rome, Italy, Paris, China, Japan, Morocco, Egypt, Hawaii, and fiji. We would be so cute together. Dressed in the native garb of these lands. When we go to islands, dressed in our bathing suites with white sand in our toes and hair, and floating in blue water. Dancing to ethnic music, learning phrases in different languages, and trying all the ethnic vegeterian meals. Just loving one another and being close mother and daughter. lol.

Those are the basics. lol. I know i cant expect her her to love and like everything i do , but i these basic principles are what is best for her to get through life with out being dependent on anyone, without being hurt (physically or emotionally without the ability to get over it) by anyone, without being weak minded. Without being prejudice and judgmental, or close minded. Without being afraid.

To AKira:
Little girl i pray that you listen to me. Let me guide you. Let me be your strength and your rock to lean on. I promise i will be here for you, i will listen to you, i will understand you. I wont mislead to you, lie to you, i will never hurt you. Let me protect you, I PROMISE i WILL protect you. Come to me, tell me your fears, tell me how you feel. Know that you ALWAYS can. No matter what anyone says, no matter how bad you may think it is. I'll LISTEN. Even if you choose a different path i will support your happiness. Just let me in your life, i will never leave you. Lets share these things to keep us close and in love. You are my sunflower in a garden full of weeds. You don't know how much i love you, how much of a blessing you are to me. You sweet angel. I will never let a day pass that i wont tell you i love you. You beautiful, princess.

No comments: