Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sam's Blog: I Am The Shit

so, once again I was on my natural hair site and I was reading one of the posts from a member. In this post she said that she had applied for this position at some company five times and got turned down. She ended the post by saying that she was a loser. Other members chimed in and said that she wasn't a loser and it just made me think for a minute. Why is it so easy to say bad things about ourselves and give ourselves bad labels? we say things like; I can't do it, I'll never be good enough, I suck, I'm a failure. I've said this to myself many times. I look in the mirror and I go "ugh, your nose is so fat" or "eww, you just look bad today" "you have no ass and you're so skinny, yet you have a stretch marked gut" (lmaoo, I just had to laugh at that) but yea.. I and I'm sure a lot of other people just say a million things negative about themselves so i wanted to do a challenge..

the "I am the shit (not because I stink, I smell good as hell)" challenge ..
basically I'm trying to create a whole new positive mind frame in 09 and beyond and I heard it takes 28 days to form a habit so for the next 28 and beyond I am going to replace every negative thought I have with a positive thought and whenever I remember I will tell myself that I am beautiful and smart and I am a good person..

credits to
http://loveofonesself.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-am-shit.html

No comments: